I came across this Idea in the blog world. It was that every occupation could be summed up as knowing two concepts and then just applying them.
Some of them are for example:
1) Buy Low
2) Sell High
1) Idiocy Increases faster than Idiot Proofing
2) All compiling errors boil down to a missing semicolon
1) There’s no such thing as bad press
2) It could always be better
1) Don’t beam down in a red shirt
2) You can always talk evil computers into destroying themselves
So what would be the 2 things about working as a BPMS developer? Well might would be:
1) Make it as configurable as possible
2) Make it as simple as possible
I would be interested in hearing other BPM practitioners describing what there two things are.